Thursday, May 19, 2011

Morton's Steakhouse

I love adorable waitstaff. They are the best. In fact, people who are reading this right now, if you work in a restaurant and you see me coming, just be a little bit adorable and I will be stuffing money in your pockets before long.

I also love the sound of your strange but delightful dinner. Were the cashew and sweet potato dumplings good? They sound really good.

I just came back from dinner at a place called Mortons Steakhouse. It would be fair to say that Morton's Steakhouse is not my kind of place. Firstly, they restaurant has a tagline, and that tagline is "The best steak, anywhere!". Really? Anywhere? I just don't see how that can be true.

My reservations were not helped by the fact that my waiter was not adorable at all, and was actually a little gross. He had a ponytail. A bad bad bad ponytail. I know, it was a ponytail, of course it was bad. But really, this was the worst. It was basically just a tiny little tuft of hair. In volume and quality, it looked like the brush from a tub of clag. Remember clag, everybody?

As if that wasn't bad enough, he brought over a tray containing various uncooked steaks, just to give us an indication of what they have on offer. Honestly. I think we all know what a porterhouse looks like. Keep it to yourself, guy.
Truth be told, the steak was really delicious. If I was tipping the cow, I would have given him/her 40% minimum. But I wasn't, so I didn't.
Now I'm watching Jay Leno and Andy from The Office is on.
I heart NY.

1 comment:

  1. The sweet potato and cashew dumplings were indeed the highlight of the meal. They are those perfectly round crumbed fried balls pictured in the post and they were so good.

    ReplyDelete