Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Baby, it's cold outside

A couple of months ago I was feeling very positive about my wardrobe and the new season fashions. As you may know my preferred styling generally is based on the Woody Allen women of the ’70s and ‘80s, and I guess most specifically (but not exclusively) Diane Keaton in Manhattan. It's like it's always autumn in Woody Allen films so I guess I was feeling positive. Autumn is also the perfect time to bust out my ol’ favourite, Tweedy.

It was about this time that I decided that I would embrace every day as a sartorial challenge. I really was refusing to leave the house unless I felt really good about my ensemble. And sometimes it really was a challenge, but an enjoyable one. I mean the weather really let me work two of my favourite fashion themes Woody Allen Women 77-86 and Preppy. You know in summer and winter everything is driven by trying to deal with the temperature. But in autumn, you can wear shirts, jeans, closed shoes, stockings, tweed, woollen socks. All my favourite things. And the colours, forget about it. Orange and brown, not to mention tan, nude, beige and all those other colours that are basically the same colour with a bunch of different names.

But mate, autumn comes and goes so quickly. NOW IT IS WINTER. I know that technically it is still autumn but there has been so much winter weather. And the time has come when all my clothing decisions are temperature driven. One night I even went out in this coat:

I know can you believe it?! (I loved the shit out of it, couldn't even tell it was cold outside.)

Remember this look that I had embraced in early autumn?

Chunky socks over jeans? I bought these lovely chunkies at H&M and I wanted to use them to their full potential. I was so excited just to wear them over everything! But now this cold means I really do wear them over everything all the time. And I really need some more socks.

I was also excited by some hot chunky woollies that were new or returned to my winter wardrobe recently but with these babies on high rotation the thrill sure has gone.

I want the excitement back. The thrill of new season fashions. BUT HOW????!?!!?!?!? HOWWWWWWWWW??????!!!!!!!!!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment