Wednesday, June 1, 2011

They're not the same as you and me

You know I have such a one track mind that when I read that you ate your Shake Shack in the park and then had a traumatic squirrel experience I thought a squirrel must have tried to run off with your Shack Stack. But I guess there's more to life than deep fried portobello mushroom (HA) and not all squirrels are like this guy.


(I know this picture has appeared here before but I don't care because I think it is a winner everytime.)

Can I just say how happy I am that neither of you guys were into a mercy killing, because it sounds like you could have stomped on the head of a perfectly healthy squirrel. And I am pretty sure that onlookers would have looked even further down on that than on just you guys standing there staring at a slumped squirrel.

Animals tend to do what look like nasty things and then, seemingly better, jump up and scamper off. Possibly to die, but hopefully to rejoin their loved ones. I don't think we would have taken such a fall so well. Not just because we are human but because we are us.

On the weekend two St Kilda players had horrible face/neck plants into the gound, in what sports commentators would no doubt have called 'sickening collisions'. They were sickening. One of them was in convulsions afterwards. I know because they kept showing the footage and as much as I did not want to look, I could not look away. They were strechered off and then later that night they flew back from WA to Victoria! (Or something, I could totally be mashing my stories because I only half care about football - but they were definitely fine.) There is no way i would head plant the ground, have convulsions and then get on a plane. And I like to think I am quite hardcore. I guess I have really learnt a valubale lesson from those footy players and that squirrel. My intensity is for shit.

No comments:

Post a Comment