Thursday, June 2, 2011

It all ends

There is a poster for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 on Punt Rd and every time I drive past it I get so freaking excited about seeing that movie. Every time I see HP staring intensely at Voldemort over that wand I get a little flutter in my tummy!


I love Harry Potter. I love the books, I love the movie, and I love this thing from the Oscars this year. (I also like the JT bit and the T.Laut bit but we all know that 'Tiny ball of light' is the hero of the piece. Because it is funny. And maybe because I love Ron more than I should. He is great though, isn't he? But it's not as if I want to do it with him. I think. I mean, if I had the opportunity I don't think I would. He is barely an adult. Yeah, I'm almost positive I would not do it with him. Yep. Pretty sure. But I would like to unequivocally say I would definitely not do it with T.Laut even though I am 100% Team Wolf.)

But of course my excitement about the film is tempered by regret. I am sure this film is going to be awesome. But then there will be no more Harry Potter movies. IT ALL ENDS 7.15! At least when I read the last book I still had the movies to look forward to. But soon it will all be over. Like all the best things I guess.

When I was in NYC at FAO Schwarz they had quite a Harry Potter section. LB pulled me through it quickly as I protested, "God, I'm not so in love with HP that I want to buy this shiz" (even though I was kind of tempted to buy a Gryffindor tie, but being a grown up with a house full of shit I thought better of it).

Remember when you used to work at the library and bump me up the reservation lists? I remember how you did that for me when Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire first came out. You just bumped me ahead of all those little kids waiting so desperately to read that book. I really appreciate that. I will never forget the day that Cedric Diggory died (in many ways he died the day Robert Pattinson became Sparkleface). I was really sick with the flu. So sick I had to miss that Avalanches gig people still talk about. I was sick in bed and read HP4 all weekend. And when Voldemort returned... and Cedric died... and Harry's parents come out of the wand! Shit, I'm tearing up just thinking about it. Before that book Harry Potter was good, but after that! Well after that it was something else all together.

MAN! I CAN'T WAIT FOR HP7 Part II!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Weird, when I posted that last comment the CAPTCHA word was "claratio" which is very HP-esque indeed...

    ReplyDelete