Wednesday, June 15, 2011

I sometimes want to eat things

The picture of biltong on Wikipedia is not appealing to me at all. And if J-Pav's biltong looked anything like that I would not have wanted it anywhere near my mouth. 'HA!' You may say. 'But J, you don't eat the meat!'

Well forget that. Just because I don't doesn't mean that sometimes I don't wanna. And cured meats are right at the top of my list. LB loves the salami. I, being a good little girlfriend, sometimes handle his salami. Like, I put it on a plate of snack for him or I put it on some pasta. It smells so good. And the number of times that I've thought how delicious it smelled and how I wanted it in my mouth. Eewwwww! Why does everything salami related sound so gross. Anyway, the point is I often want to eat that cured meat. But biltong. No thanks!

When I was little my processed meat of choice was pariser. My mum would give it to me. My grandmother would give it to me. You know, the continental butcher would give her an extra slice for me to eat in the shop. (I think, though possibly this is someone else's (your?) memory.) But it was always pariser. According to Wikipedia it is Hungary's answer to mortadella. But I never knew about mortadella. I never knew about strass. I only knew about pariser.

It is actually interesting you bring up this meat topic, because just yesterday reading delicious magazine, which had many delicious looking meat recipes, I thought, maybe it was time to tap that shit. But I don't think it is really for me.

Now for everyone's viewing or spewing pleasure, please see below.

Faux marble floor. Made out of salami. By Wim Delvoye.

No comments:

Post a Comment