Monday, June 27, 2011

Cheese dreams


On Saturday night we had dinner at Miguel and Legsly's house.
Everyone brought something to eat. There was an Italian theme.
I brought cheese for after dinner because I think it's nice to end a meal with a cheese course.
We didn't realise until dessert - which was separate to and immediately before the cheese course - that every single course throughout the whole meal involved cheese. Parmesan on Blephanie's soup, mozzarella in the mushroom side dish J made, Parmesan on the gnocchi Miguel made, goats cheese in the cauliflower quinoa salad Biz made, and marscapone in the dessert David made.
So that was all the cheese we ate before we started properly eating cheese as part of the cheese course.
I think I speak for the whole group when I say that the volume of cheese we consumed was no a problem. But as we were eating it, Miguel noted that it was likely we were all going to have cheese dreams that night. Everyone chuckled and nodded.Except for me because I have never heard of cheese dreams.
What the heck are cheese dreams? I eat cheese all the time and I don't think I've ever had cheese dreams. Are cheese dreams really a thing? I don't think they are!
Miguel explained that cheese dreams happen following consumption of a great deal of cheese. In the wake of cheese, sleep is restless and dreams are crazy. These are cheese dreams.
I decided I would pay careful attention to the dreams I had last night to see whether I am a cheese dreamer.

I guess I should have known from many many years of experience being me that when I decide to pay careful attention to something I might as well decide to completely forget about that thing forever. It's like my brain thinks I am playing opposites with it. I don't understand why or how it happens but I always immediately forget things I try to make an effort to remember. So as I laid down to sleep I was thinking I can not wait to see what cheese dreams I come up with but really I should have been thinking I can not wait for some undisturbed sleep tonight, yes sirree because it was my only hope of actually remembering what I dreamt, but apparently I will never learn. While I certainly did have restless sleep that night the only thing I remember dreaming was that at some point I was wearing a pair of glasses that had a fake moustache attached to them, like Groucho Marx, but someone told me to take them off because it was culturally insensitive. WTF.

No comments:

Post a Comment