Friday, June 17, 2011

Even failed experiments can teach us things

Interestingly when I first saw that picture of the Sartorialist's handwriting I thought it was similar to yours but not crazily so. Frankly, I thought you were mildly deluded. But when I see you write those words I see that it is more similar than I at first thought. I'm sorry I doubted you.

Here is what I learnt from and since reading your post:

-Although your writing looks a little like the Sartorialist it looks a lot more like your mother's.

-The fact you can't see this makes me think you may still be mildly deluded.

-Alladin (Disney version) is a really good musical. (I ought to know. When I was a teenager and used to babysit my cousins we would sing all the Disney hits to a CD compilation they owned. When singing "I can show you the World" Mondonna and I would make Frandonna be the the Magic Carpet. Technically I did not learn this from or since reading your post.)

-The Dopp kit's name derives from the early 20th century leather craftsman Charles Doppelt, a German immigrant to the United States, who invented his toiletry case in 1919. The kits became widely known during the Second World War when they were issued to GIs. Although the term was originally a trademark, it appears to have at least mostly become generic, and the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office lists the trademark as abandoned.*

Before yesterday I had never hear the term, but what is the bet I start hearing it EVERYWHERE!

-I have terrible handwriting and very few samples of my family's handwriting. I guess the letter really is dead.





*Thanks Wikipedia

No comments:

Post a Comment