Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Where is everybody?

Remember that time I thought the humans were dead? I was right! Here I am at China Red, THE VERY RESTAURANT THAT INSPIRED THAT POST, on Friday night. I was meant to meet 12 friends at 8 o'clock.



When I say 'here I am' obviously I am not in the photo cause someone had to take the photo, right? So I took it . I took that photo at 8:08! But where was everybody? You guys I think the humans are dead!

Obviously I can't really pursue this line forever, because of course everyone showed up and we had a delightful dinner. But something weird was happening on Friday night. I drove to the city that night, for a number of reasons (wanting to get home to Baby quickly, needing an external factor to make me minimise my alcohol in take, you can dig it). Anyway I was pretty conflicted about which way to go and where to park. I thought I would never get a park on St Kilda Rd because Melbourne Festival is on and I figured all those middle aged theatre-loving drivers would be in all the car parks. But there were so many parking spaces! Tens of parks to chose from. I got a totally A1 park! "That's weird," I thought to myself, "where is everyone? Why can I get such a good park." Then I started thinking about reapplying lipstick and never thought about why there were so many car spaces free again.

Until later when I was heading home after a lovely dinner and the best cocktail bubblecups I have ever had. I mean the only cocktail bubblecups I have ever had. (Toff were serving cocktail bubblecups and I have not stopped thinking about those delicious little bastards since!) Anyway it was this beautiful warm evening, the first of the season really, but at 11:30 on Friday night in the city the streets were practically empty.


I don't know what the eff was going on, but all together it kind of felt like the humans were dead.

That's all I'm saying.

No comments:

Post a Comment