Friday, October 7, 2011

Doppelganger

Last night, Neville and I went to see the taping of the final episode of the Marngrook Footy Show.
It was fine, but I guess it made me realise there is a reason that most footy shows don't have an episode  after the grand final. It was kind of as if everyone had got together on boxing day to relive the things that went down on Christmas Day. No one cared. I barely even cared, and I love Christmas! Hah. Jokies. (Not really, I do love Christmas).

Regardless, Neville was keen to make the most of the evening, and whilst waiting for the show to begin, she  insisted that we play a game she likes to call Doppelgangers. It basically involves identifying people in your immediate vicinity who look like celebrities. For the game to be enjoyable, you need a lot of people around, because the truth is, most people don't actually look like celebrities. You also need someone who is prepared to see a likeness in just about anyone, which my pride in my incredibly refined facial recognition skills prevents me from doing.

As far as I am concerned, this is a good doppelganger:




And this is a REALLY good doppelganger.
Neville, on the other hand, thinks that anyone who shares a single characteristic with someone else is a good doppelganger. For example, she pointed at someone who looked like this:
and very excitedly said "OMG! Craig McLachlan!" then looked at me expectantly. I barely had time to laugh at her because she immediately pointed at someone who looked like this:




and said "James Hird!"
Honestly, Neville. You are a highly skilled, highly awesome individual, but you can not play this game at all. 
In fairness, the James Hird dude was wearing a polar fleece, but still.



No comments:

Post a Comment