Monday, October 3, 2011

Come on spring, help a sister out

A few weeks ago I started writing a post about how much I love the shit out of spring.
I like how all the blossoms bloom and the plane trees sprout their cute little green seed pods.
I like how there is all this sunshine and you don't need a coat.

Walking to the tram stop in the morning is so nice in the springtime. It looks like this.































Isn't that super nice?

Of course, when I started writing this post, it was really nice weather and springtime was putting on a whole song a dance for us. Now spring has flipped us all the bird and has totally nicked off.
WTF is your problem spring?
Now, when I walk to the tram stop in the morning, I just see a lot of greyness and sometimes, I see this bird sitting on the same spot on the same fence of the park I walk past every day, and I'm pretty sure it watches me as I walk by.
This is not the actual bird but it looks exactly like this.

If the sun was shining when this bird was looking at me, I would think it was really cute and I would give it a nickname, like Piglet, and I would look forward to seeing it in the morning. But the sun is not shining and I just feel scared like the bird wants to eat one of my eyeballs. Maybe both!
More generally, I just feel really wronged by the lack of spring.
Sorry to start the week off with a negative post guys but seriously, come the fuck on spring. Help a sister out.

PS: Obviously the grand final was on the weekend and the Cats won. This was a wonderful miracle. I really wanted to post about it today but I recognise that the season is over and I should move on.  Let my just say Jimmy Bartel, I love you, please don't ever retire, and please come and do a footy clinic at my workplace, and please bring Joel Selwood with you. I seriously think I love you. Your face is like springtime.

PPS: I actually have given the bird the nickname Piglet even though the sun does not yet shine. It is so squat and cute and makes those nice warble sounds.  And it is kind of adorable how it watches me walk past.





2 comments:

  1. I freaking love that WTF is your second most popular tag. Surely you can put a bit of effort in to slip it up to the number one spot!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Waz, Miss Soft Crab thanks you for your interest in the WTF tag, however our hearts really do belong to food. Perhaps we could do more food/wtf crossover though?!

    ReplyDelete