Friday, October 21, 2011

Friday Favourites: The Last Waltz (PM)




George Harrison is a really great Beatle. I love that guy! And I love M.Scors. That guy really knows his way around a film! Mostly, I love his movies heaps. So many heaps. And The Last Waltz is really awesome. I love it the heapsest.



I love the music, the peeps, the vibe. But it reminds me of something of which I am a little ashamed.



Years ago I went to see The Last Waltz at the Astor. Sitting next to me was this young couple and they kept talking through the concert bits. I freaking hate that. You know, people think that because there is no dialogue it is ok to talk. It is not ok to talk! This often happens at the start of films if there is just music and images. People think it is ok to talk. But you know what people, those music and images are there for a reason. The freaking set up. Ok!? It sets the mood! Sheesh just shut the ... just shut up please.



Anyway, this couple just kept talking through the all concert scenes, not just a bit here and there but conversations, it was really interrupting the magic. I looked over at them a few times hoping that would quiet them, but it didn’t. I didn’t say anything until I had really reached the end of my tether at which point I just said to the guy, “Can you please shut the fuck up.” Boy, did that guy look affronted. I mean, he was really shocked. But you know what? He was apologetic and did not talk for the rest of the film. Still, I feel bad that I swore at a stranger like that. Oh well.



Hey, but isn’t The Last Waltz an awesome movie?! The Joni Mitchell bit and the Neil Young bit are also some of my favourite bits! You should totally go and watch Neil now!

No comments:

Post a Comment