Thursday, October 13, 2011

The groan

You know what is really weird? I thought I did watch The Slap but I guess I was wrong. It was on the TV in one room while I was cooking dinner in another room (the kitchen FYI) but I did walk in and out watching bits of the show. I had no idea it had a voice over. A voice over. Isn't that what film(TV)makers use when they are too shit to tell the whole story properly, like with all the other awesome things available to them when making films/TV.

To be fair some voice overs are used to excellent effect. Arrested Development, as you mentioned is one totes awesome example. The Royal Tenenbaums has a voice over and I love that movie AND Alec Baldwin, the narrator, so win-win on that one.

Look, obviously I did not see (hear) the narrator in The Slap and only saw bits of the episode anyway, so who am I to judge. But I will tell you this: the bits I saw of The Slap did make me wonder why everyone is cumming in their daks about it. Well, tonight we are having leftovers for dinner so I guess I will have the opportunity to watch the stupid show and figure out if it is any good. Though just thinking about it right now is boring me so I guess I probably won't after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment