Monday, October 31, 2011

Essential Details of the Chutney Club Spring Session (PM)

Chutney Club was really great yesterday. Of course there was all the usual deliciousness. But it is very exciting to me how chutney club has expanded into more of a Bulk Delicious Food Club. Yes, There was a chutney yesterday, but there was so much more than that. The chutney, dips, pickles, grapes, et al.

And then there was the banana tarte tartin. A pastry covered in caramelly brown bananas. Small Wonders is the unofficial (pretty official actually, insofar as if she did not bring sweet treats there would be a CC uprising) pastry chef of the club. Girlfriend did not disappoint yesterday. I would show you a picture of it but I didn’t take one because I was basically glued to my seat waiting for that baby to be cut up and put in my mouth. My camera and phone were not around so through my salivating mouth I said to K, “You. Arrrgh drool. Photo. Drool drool. Must take. Arggghh, slurp drool.” Then I pretty much went on muttered things like “Oh geez. Oh man. That looks so good. I want it in my mouth,” until I got it in my mouth. I have no idea what else was going on at the time because I did not take my eyes of that bad boy.  And my ears were shut down. But I’m pretty sure we were all feeling the same way.

Here is an approximation of what it looked like.


Although I believe it came from this recipe.

Um have you people eaten banana tarte tartin? No? Well what the hell are you still doing here? Bananas have totally dropped in price go and make this and put it in your mouth!

No comments:

Post a Comment