Monday, April 2, 2012

It's complicated (AM)


I know that it was less than a week ago that I was singing autumn's praises. And I stand by everything I said. I love autumn. I love the clothes you get to wear. I love the colours and the light and the transition to heavier, redder foods. But all relationships are complicated, right?

Like, even though I love autumn, I kind of hated how when I got home from the pub yesterday evening it was practically already dark even though it was only 6:30. I also hated how even though it was not a very cold day I felt really cold when I got home and I couldn't really shake it. And I hated how I remembered how these feelings are just going to get stronger over the next 5 months.

But then I loved how effing good a cup of tea tasted. I love how good tea and toast in the evening is in autumn. And even in winter. And when I got into bed it was so warm I can't remember the last time it felt that good. In fact it felt so good that even though it was 8 o'clock and I just got in to read Baby a story I fell asleep. I love how good sleeping in autumn is. But I am pretty sure I don't want to go to sleep at 8 o'clock for the next 5 months.

Shit, it's really complicated.

No comments:

Post a Comment