Friday, April 20, 2012

Special Anniversary Edition

Even the champagne is excited!

You know, Miss Soft Crab turned 1 on Wednesday. In its first year Miss Soft Crab published 459 posts and had about 27500 page views. And only a small portion of those were from spam sites! YEAH!

The top 5 most read posts were:
  1. Ewan McGregor: an MSC tribute
  2. Good for you, Monday (AM)
  3. The Oscars 2012 (or Thank You Christian Bale or Innocence Lost)
  4. It's a wonderful night for Oscar (AM)
  5. What happened this weekend? (AM)


And the top 10 search terms bringing you our way were:
  1. Ewan McGregor Trainspotting
  2. Miss Soft Crab
  3. Trainspotting
  4. Trainspotting Ewan McGregor
  5. Michelle Williams yellow dress
  6. Cloud
  7. Neil Patrick Harris
  8. What happened to Seal's face
  9. Jedward
  10. Picture of an iceberg

    Seriously, I love Ewan too, people, but move on.

    But what are these but statistics. Just numbers. They don't tell the whole story. They don't tell you that people have found their way here by searching "fucking eggplant", "ass dick and brioche" or "cute puffin." They don't tell you how much delight a bunch of Christian Bale fans got from our Oscars post as testified by a imdb.com message board. No, statistics are just the numbers.

    Let K and me tell you the whole story.

    J: So, mate. Miss Soft Crab turned one this week! Happy Birthday! How do you feel?

    K: Happy birthday Miss Soft Crab! I feel great! How do you feel? Great, right? What a year it's been. Eating, seeing stuff, thinking about stuff. For a whole year!

    J: I KNOW! A whole year! Do you remember how this thing started?

    K: Actually, no, I've totally forgotten. Please remind me!

    J: Well, I think we were lamenting the fact that all our favourite blogs had gotten shit so we thought we should write our own. And then 2 weeks later we did! Can you believe that of all the plans we've had and things we said we'd do, we finally did one?!

    Perhaps I shouldn't share that story, 'cause when the readers decide this blog has gone shit they will be all 'haha!' Oh well.

    K: But amusing our readers is exactly what we're here for, Mate! And, unlike other blogs, we're not at risk of going shit because we go a bit shit regularly. But then we bounce back! It's the beauty of Miss Soft Crab!

    Speaking of the beauty of Miss Soft Crab, perhaps now is a good time to tell the readers why we are called what we are called. I don't know about you, but if I had a dollar for every time someone asked me why Miss Soft Crab is called Miss Soft Crab, I would have about $7.

    J: Probably I'd have about $3. Cause you are much more friendly than me and people don't like to ask me questions. But yes, go ahead, tell the people. Or should we show them?

    K: Lets get Debbie to tell them! (Sorry, guys, embedding restrictions mean you have to acutally go to youtube to see this clip.)


    As you can probably tell, that's a clip from Hairspray, we don't actually know Debbie Harry. Hairspray came out in 1988, the same year J and I met and when we were little crabs, we used to watch it all the time. Loved the shit out of it. Still do. When we decided to write this blog, we wanted to find a name that came from the early days of us seeing, eating and thinking about stuff together. Our thoughts turned to Hairspray and Miss Soft Crab was born!

    J: Yep, that's how we got the name. So after about 460 posts, mate, have you got a favourite?

    K: I pretty much have a new favourite every week. But highlights include:
    What about you?

    J: Those are all great, GREAT posts. I especially love the original Marky Mark and Twilight haiku posts. But some of my other favourites include:


    But there are so many winners! I mean out of 460 posts I can assure the world there are more than just the eight good ones listed here.

    How about tags? Do you have favourite tags. Personally, I like caution, dates initiated by parents that will come to nothing, Germans, signs of success, i love you guys, sorry readers i think I may be hysterical and apes. I am not saying these are the best posts, but they are great tags, some of which should definitely be used more! Which ones do you like?

    K: There are so many tags we should use more! For example, 'marscapone'. It was used once last year, but never again. Why, I'd like to know, when marscapone is so absolutely delicious.
    Other tags I have enjoyed are: UGH, nutting up, bullshit and Fassbender. That last one I like because I like Fassbender and everything he stands for. Or sits for. Ha!
    Speaking of Fassbender sitting, one of my favourite things about this past year of Miss Soft Crab has been reviewing the search terms people use to find us. We've written about it a few times but honestly, the ones you guys have heard about are just the tip of the iceberg.

    J: Yeah, search terms can be great. Recent highlights include Ryan Gosling hair, superman sign with a k instead (Mate, did you search for this?) and Aragorn WTF face! WTF?

    K: In addition to hilarious search terms, there have been some pretty hilarious comments too.
    The most amusing relate to Jennifer Grey's nose job. You guys might not know this, but there is a pretty significant pro-nose job lobby out there, and they get pissed when you express a preference for original noses.

    J: Yeah, those Jennifer Grey comments were weird. But I am pretty sure they were spam. I have to say my favourite comment came from someone called MC, but in truth I question the reality of that person too

    K: Oh yes, the famous MC. Possible boyfriend of Miss Dizzy.

    J: Possible boyfriend of Miss Dizzy! Yes! We have touched so many hearts and minds. But so many hearts and minds and faces have touched us too. Everyone we know and love and also don't know and love have been great in allowing us to immortalise them here!

    K: That is so true. The people we know and love are the best - letting us talk about them like we do and posing for photos from behind all the time. I love those guys. And you guys, readers, YOU GUYS! We effing love you! We are so happy you guys come to to Miss Soft Crab and let us tell you about the things we eat, see and think about. For serious - we love it. How can we repay you? If we could we would give you the world, but that is not possible so, Mate, what do you say get Prince to show the people how much we love him. THEM! Shit. I mean them.

    J: Yeah, Prince probably said it best. Thanks everyone!

    1 comment:

    1. Hello,everyone my name is mlmvc from USA i never ever believed in spell until i meet a man called Dr upesa, who help me cast a spell that bring back my ex-lover who left me for one years before our marriage,His spells works beyond my imaginations and today i am happily married two kids and me and my [ex-lover] now husband are very happy more than ever before,what more can i say rather than to say thank you Dr upesa for been there for me,contact him today and your life will never ever remain the same his email is upesalovetemple@gmail.com

      ReplyDelete