Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Tuesday's post (AM)

Each year around this time I get excited about the Melbourne International Flower and Garden show, mentally commit to going, but then don't actually go. I blame the organisers. Seriously, a show that lasts only four days? Come one guys, help a sister out. Anyway,  this year I decided I was going to blog about it so I absolutely had to go, lest I have nothing to blog about today.
Yada yada yada I have nothing to blog about today. 
 I fully intended to go but somehow the weekend just passed me by and with it,  any hope I had of filling your Tuesday AM with pictures of pretty flowers and gardens of an international standard. 
Sorry guys. 
Instead, let me entertain you with the Miss Soft Crab Flower and Garden Show: Photographs on My Computer That Involve Flowers
This is a self-sewn Marigold that just started growing in this yellow pot one day. No jokes! The yellow pot is next to a white pot with Marigolds in it, so I guess some seeds jumped ship at some point to form this breakaway colony. 

This is a dogwood tree that I saw in the park one time, and took a photo of because it was pretty and I like the name "dogwood".
These are some flowers that formed the table setting at a dinner party J threw recently. Sweet William and Sedum. Pretty.

This is my beloved African Violet, with flowers that sparkle so bright they make the sparkles on Sparkleface's face look like turds. Click on the photo for a close up of the truly magical sparkles on my beloved African Violet's petals. 

That's all. Sorry guys, I will try to go for real next year

No comments:

Post a Comment