Monday, April 30, 2012

Happy Mondays (AM)


LB bought me some Global knives for Christmas. After a lifetime of mediocre knives I was not really prepared for their super sharpness. I'd used them before, Global knives, but somehow having them in my own kitchen made it different. I was too relaxed, I guess, and the first time I used them, while chopping some green thing, I sliced off a small piece of the tip of my left pointer finger. Not the tip, exactly, a small piece from the very top right corner of the finger. It started bleeding hard and fast and through the bleeding I couldn't see exactly the damage that had been done. And I couldn't look at it. I wrapped the finger in paper towel and eventually when the sick feeling went away I looked and I guess it wasn't so bad. When it healed it left that part of my finger a little flatter than before.

I was pretty careful after that. Yes siree. But yesterday in a hurry, chopping chives, I sliced the tip of my finger off again. Not the tip, exactly, a small piece from the very top right corner of the finger. It didn't bleed at all and it didn't hurt. I just found the the piece of missing finger on the side of the knife. I still haven't looked at the wound but presumably after a a few more slices that part of my finger that keeps getting in the way of the knife won't exist anymore so that tip can't get in the way. I can't wait for that day! Oh yeah, and it hurts like a motherfucker now.


What does it look like under that bandage?!

Happy Monday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment