Monday, April 30, 2012

Happy Mondays (PM)

Way to evolve, Mate!

I'm sorry your hand is hurting so much now, but the thing that strikes me about that post is that even with a bandaid on, you have really nice hands. Elegant, like. 
Mine are not so nice. They just look functional. Like ears or something. Not to say that my hands look like ears, just that they have that we're here to do a job kind of quality, like ears do. 

See?


Unmistakably the hand of a person who is descended from a long line of washerwomen or perhaps potato gleaners.

But back to the topic at hand. ha!

I sometimes cut myself up in the kitchen. And even though these cuts sometimes bleed a lot and hurt a lot, they never seem to leave any scars.

Except, of course, for the scar that was left behind when I was making pavlova for my grandmother's birthday, and when putting the metal beater attachments in the hand held beater, turned it on before I had fully extracted my hand. I was eleven or twelve at the time, and a pretty big spazz, I think its fair to say. The beaters started beating, slicing in to my middle finger and abruptly stopped when it hit the bone. It turned out to be a nice clean cut and so after a few stitches, it healed up good and proper.  All that's left now is a very very faint horizontal scar that you can't really see in the photo below.

Sorry guys. 

No comments:

Post a Comment