Monday, April 23, 2012

In praise of siblings (AM)

Hello Monday!
Normally I wouldn't be so happy to see you, but given that there are only two work days to get through until this week throws us another day off, I feel fine that you're here. Plus, I had a super nice weekend, so I can't complain.

Yesterday I spent the afternoon at Midbro's house. We ate pies and sausage rolls and watched the footy on foxtel while Niecey played with a jar of buttons. Niecey's ability to entertain herself while we are watching the footy is really astounding. She's such a top kid. As is Little Nut, her super adorable baby brother. 

Can you believe Little Nut is two months old already? Unbelievable. 

Such a cutehead. 

Midbro and Mrs Midbro live next door my my parents, which comes in handy when they run out of things. Like tomato sauce, essential when one is eating pies and sausage rolls. When we discovered that the Midbro household had indeed run out of T-sauce, I went next door to get some. Mum and Dad are in Qld at the moment, visiting Elderbro, so I took my time, mainly looking in the fridge and pantry to see if they had anything good.  I quickly discovered they had a bunch of easter eggs - Top deck easter eggs - sitting in a bowl in the pantry for anyone to stumble upon.  I figured that if they really wanted them, they would have eaten them by now, or at least taken them along to Qld to enjoy them gradually day by day. I also figured they wouldn't miss a few teeny weeny little eggs, so I swiped some (four). I also ate one while I was standing at the pantry figuring out whether it would be OK to swipe some. I felt a little bad about it, but I figured that it was a victimless crime. 

Once I finished my egg and hid the wrapper, I grabbed the sauce and returned to the Midbro residence.  

The reason I am telling you all of this, dear readers, will become apparent in a moment, but first we must briefly return to Niecey and Little Nut for a moment. As I've said before, I can't wait to see what happens as the two of them grow up. I effing love my brothers and I'm so happy that Niecey has one now. Having someone to hang out with all through childhood, someone who probably has the same sense of humour as you and certainly has to cop the same parental weirdness as you? Forget about it -  it is basically the best thing ever. Siblings rule! Right now, Niecey loves Little Nut fully sick, so I think she would agree that siblings rule. Of course this won't last. Soon, they will get on each others nerves and then by the time they are both at school, this mild irritation will progress to full-blown hating one another's guts, which will probably last until they are adults. So it goes. It will all come good in the end though. 

As it has with my brothers and I, which was evidenced by Midbro's reaction to my stealing easter eggs from our parents. As we were having coffee later, I offered everyone one of the stolen eggs, and because I was raised catholic, I also had to confess that they were indeed stolen from Mum and Dad. Midbro gratefully accepted, one and said "yeah, these are great, I stole some earlier today. They've got Tim Tams too, you know."

Siblings rule OK!




No comments:

Post a Comment