Friday, April 13, 2012

TGIF. That's all. (AM)


I am TGIFing so hard right now. I came in to this week with the wrong attitude, thinking that because it was a short week, it would also would be quick week. 
What a sucker I was. This week has dragged like the the tractor wheels contestants on The Biggest Loser have to drag along from ropes tied around their waists sometimes. Which is to say it dragged a lot!

You know what else dragged? The fact that someone snapped one of the windscreen wipers off my car, then dumped it on the footpath right next to my car. Have you ever seen a disembodied windscreen wiper, readers? It's really kind of sad. Kind of like an inside out umbrella is sad. But vandalism is a not sad. Nor is it funny. It's just a drag.  A real drag. 

Anyway, as you can see, I'm really T-ing G that it's F. 
Wikipedia knows what i'm talking about. Check it: 
"In many countries, Friday is the last day of a five-day working week, and is viewed as a cause for celebration or relief (leading to the phrase "TGIF", for "Thank God/Goodness It's Friday"). In some workplaces employees are allowed to wear less formal attire on Fridays, known as Casual Friday or Dress-Down Friday.

Of course no one has ever called Casual Friday "Dress-Down Friday", but I think Wikipedia has captured the essence of what I'm talking about here. So lets celebrate our progress through the week with a song, shall we? I was going to play Friday on my mind by the Easybeats because it's on topic and rad. But then I remembered this song and thought I would play it instead. I'm just kind of in the mood for it today. 


No comments:

Post a Comment