Wednesday, May 2, 2012

What's going on? (AM)

Have you guys seen the new ad for L'Oreal's Mega Volume Collagen Mascara starring Claudia Schiffer? No? Yes? Were you as horrified as I was? Here, watch it for yourself if you like.


If you don't like I will give you the gist. Claudia Schiffer is trying to sell you a 'mega black', 'mega sexy' 24-hour-lasting mascara. Claudia's eyelashes look like mascara brushes in that ad.

See:

That picture on the left is from the ad. The one on the right is just her with regular human eyelashes with a bit of mascara. She looks really pretty with those human eyelashes, right?

Who wants a collagen injection from their mascara? Who wants their mascara to last 24-hours. Are you kidding me?! Get all over your pillow cases?! Have even more trouble than usual getting make-up off?! Fuggetaboutit. 

Did you notice the bit in the ad where she says 'Outrageous!' YES! Claudia Schiffer, that is exactly what it is. Fucking outrageous. Mind you I have definitely seen a lot of falsies around lately. I guess the mascara-brush-eyelash/falsey look is really hot right now or something and why wear falsies when you can just use collagen mascara. Yeah, I was wrong, excellent thinking L'Oreal.

In fact to understand what was going on in the world I looked at some reviews of of this product. After watching one girl talk for 3 minutes on YouTube about how the packaging was great because you could tell when the lid was closed properly I moved on to written reviews. One girl tried it because 'I'm trying a few different volumizing mascaras in hopes of getting big, full, almost fake-looking ones that I admire on some girls...This one was so-so...definitely bigger than my natural lashes but not huge.' Ewwww. Another said 'I really really dislike this product, two words -- spider lashes.' That is pretty much one of the grossest thoughts I ever had put in my head so I basically had to stop reading right then for fear of offending my sensitive soul further.

I'll probably have to stop watching TV too so I don't have to see ads like this any more. Sheesh.

No comments:

Post a Comment