Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Don't bullshit me Smiths (AM)





You know what I like? Chips.

You know what I don't like? Being bullshitted.

When a chip company makes a claim like they have produced an extra crunchy chip, I get excited.

Sure, lack of crunch has never impeded my chip eating experience,  but that doesn't mean extra crunch can't make it better, so when I saw Extra Crunchy chips at the store, I bought those babies without a second thought.

I'm sure you've all seen the ads. No? Don't worry, here's a rundown  which pretty much goes through the whole ad, in case the name 'Extra Crunchy Chips' doesn't tell you enough about what we're dealing with here.

From the first bite, I knew I had made a terrible mistake.

I don't know what I was expecting. The most delicious chip maybe? I can not tell a lie. I was pretty much totally expecting that these chips would be the most delicious chips ever - the greatest chip innovation since kettle chips - and they would make all the other snacks taste like tan bark. Why I thought this I can not say. Because I am a hopeless snack romantic? Probably.
Instead of being the most delicious chip, they are just a regular chip, maybe a little less salt than other chips which is a regression, not an improvement. They are not a chip innovation - they are bullshit! They taste like pure disappointment.
I tried three of the flavours and each was more disappointing than the last. I still have to try the chilli flavour, but I'm not holding my breath.  I'm such a fool to believe they have anything I need.

As I write this, I can totally picture J smirking as she is reading it. She will be smirking and shaking her head at my folly because she would never get caught up in that stupid chip dream factory. She would never ever believe that Extra Crunchy chips could be a thing. She is way too practical for that. And she's right. She's always been the sensible one. So its over to you mate. Tell us what you think of this Extra Crunchy malarkey. Tell us what I should have known all along.

No comments:

Post a Comment