Wednesday, May 16, 2012

By George, I thought I had it (AM)

You know on the whole, I kind of hate my hair. Every now and again I like it, and then I hate it again. Then I wash and dry it and I kind of like it again. On the bad days I fixate on getting a cut and colour, and while I do get cuts and that often helps a lot, it kind of is amazing how far a wash and blow dry will take it. And I am beginning to think that in a way this is like a metaphor for so many of my First World problems.

Recently I actually booked myself in to colour my hair, which I haven't done in many years, nowadays I go au naturel, but I just got obsessed. Anyways I was broke and nervous about starting the dye cycle so I just got my eyebrows tinted instead. I cannot recommend this highly enough. If you are anything like me you will look really pretty after it and it's about a fifth of the price of having your hair coloured.

Need new clothes? Do some washing! You wouldn't believe how often that alleviates my wardrobe woes! If that is not enough see if your mum has any clothes from the eighties that are cool again!

Check out this jumper I scored on the weekend:

SCORE!

This is pretty much my fall back plan whenever I want new stuff but don't want to buy anything. And I was pretty sure that my Mum's old shoe collection would yield some shoes for me to wear to Blizzie's wedding on the weekend. And it did.

This would be the perfect shoe to wear to the with my dress:


And this, although it looks boring, is actually a very comfortable and surprisingly fitting alternative:




Sweet.

Except for some reason only these shoes can be found. That is only that single purple shoe and that single brown shoe seem to exist. Their buddies are missing. On the up side that purple shoe is a lefty and the brown one is a righty so they do make a pair. On the  down side I'm not going to wear odd shoes to a wedding.* I don't want to look like a fucken' idiot.


*In fact it is highly unlikely I would wear odd shoes anywhere ever. This is not a weddings-only rule.

1 comment:

  1. Single shoes? Jumpers from the 80's? Your mum is a hoarder. now THATs a topic!

    ReplyDelete