Tuesday, December 20, 2011

An open letter to Terry Gross, postscript (or PM)

PS. Terry Gross, I pretty much agree with everything K said right here. I love listening to Fresh Air. I'm doing it right now! But you know what, I actually don't think you necessarily make all your guests lovely, but I kind of love that. Like when you interviewed Joseph Gordon-Levitt I was all ready to love that guy, 'cause, you know, I kind of love that guy. But he just seemed like a dude, a little bit nice, a little bit annoying. Like a regular dude. That's one of the best things about your show, Terry Gross, less sheen of publicity.

Also I love how you get people to really explain the stuff that they do. I have a way better understanding now of tax, olive oil, physics, all the important stuff, Terry Gross. I don't even eat meat, but after someone told me they were cooking a Christmas turkey on the weekend I could give them all the hot tips on how to cook a great turkey. Listening to so much Fresh Air in 2011 has definitely made me smarter.

Finally, Terry Gross, (and I don't want to sound like a creep but...) I love the sound of your voice. When I put my headphones on the morning on my way to the train station and I hear you say "This is Fresh Air, I'm Terry Gross." I just love it, it makes me look forward to the next 48 minutes it will take me to get to work and listen to an episode of Fresh Air.

Thanks Terry Gross.
From
J

No comments:

Post a Comment