Wednesday, December 14, 2011

A daughter "to be proud of" (PM)

MATE! Your parents are adorable! I love that they sent you that Christmas card . But the things I love most about it are:
  • That there are two exes under both Mum and Dad just to clarify that each of your parents are sending their kisses. They aren't just sending a general muddle of kisses your way. You get two from each parent. 
  • The postscript about also wishing you a happy New Year. I would assume most parents want a happy, healthy year every time, but I just really dig how your mum (and dad) want you to know they specifically wish that for you for 2012.
My parents are not Christmas card people. Neither am I to be honest. We are not card people generally I guess. I once apologised to my Mum for not giving her a birthday card with her present and she told me she doesn't like cards. It took a real load of all future gift giving.


I like a nice card, don't get me wrong. I love them with home drawn fluoro art or with a nice message, but I don't miss them if they aren't there. Perhaps it is because I always feel there is so much pressure to write something meaningful and witty in them that I don't like giving them and thus don't feel the need to receive them. I kind of feel about card writing the way some people feel about public speaking. Public speaking on the other hand doesn't bother me much. Um...what were we talking about again?

2 comments:

  1. Do you remember when you and russeth gave me the card with a recuperating teddy bear? wishing me the best of luck with my new schvantz? that was a great card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAHAHA! But of course Russeth was the genius behind that one #standingontheshouldersofgiants

    ReplyDelete