Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Complaint about movie titles (PM)

Ugh, contemporary movies and their bogus names are the worst.

But having said that, I can not wait to see the movie Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy, because of its super compelling name of course.
Does that name have a strange power over everyone else, too?
There is an ad for it on the radio and every time I hear it I think ooh, yes of course,  Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy.  I bet you are full of intrigue. I bet I will not know who to trust ! The Tinker? The Tailor? The Solider? Surely not....the SPY???!! What is a Tinker, anyway? THE INTRIGUE HAS ALREADY BEGUN!!

So that film might be the exception to the rule.

But back to Worthington. Please! Just jokes. (Not really). (Not at all actually).
I agree with everything you said about Man on a Ledge and its stupid name. But mate,  I can't help but wonder whether maybe, just maybe, the filmmakers WANT you to think that shit can not get more dangerous and hot than the hotness foreshadowed in the title. Maybe they want you to be sitting there swaddled in a cloak of smug assurance that you know exactly what's going on so they can blow your mind with something even hotter than Worthington standing on a ledge.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that if we don't see MOAL at the movies then we will have to watch this hotness bonanza on our TVs or computers instead of a giant screen,  like a couple of chumps. So think about that, mate.

Check out that pivot. Hot.

1 comment:

  1. Tinker tailor soldier spy only has a good name cause it is based on an old book. I am also captivated by it's title though. Also Remember when Worthington was 3d!? So hot!

    ReplyDelete