Wednesday, December 7, 2011

#firstworldproblems (AM)

A lot of the time I like to think about what I am going to eat throughout the day. Oftentimes even before breakfast I am thinking of what I am going to have for dinner. But some days, man, some days I just got nothing. I mean every day I eat a minimum of three meals. Every day I have to think of what I am going to eat for breakfast. Then lunch. Then dinner! Don't you ever get sick of it?
 
Same goes for dressing. I mean, a whole outfit every single day! Shit, sometimes I just can't be bothered.

And as someone who loves both food and clothes its hard, you know. It's hard to admit that sometimes my brain feels like a dried up husk when it comes to these things.

You think I don't know that I live in a privileged society where I have these things to complain about?! I know I do. That is why I want to get it right every time. I don't want to waste these opportunities to blow the mind out of my mouth. I don't want to not have a great kit, because frankly I don't think there is an excuse. You know?!



The other day as I was getting ready for work I said to LB, "What should I wear to work today?"He said, "Jeans and a shirt, like usual." Is this what I have become? For shame!


A couple of weeks ago I really started to feel the sting of this food-wise too. So I started really going into cookbooks, trying new things, putting in extra effort. It actually worked out great. Every night I was making these delicious new things. Every night I pretty much fucking nailed dinner. But it's like that could never last. I was living a lie. I can't go on like that forever! Cookbook meals day in and day out! Inventing things like fresh nachos! I'm just one person, people! What the eff am I going to make for dinner tonight?!

2 comments:

  1. How about a nice salmon soup? Toni makes it. Something along the lines of:
    - Soak shiitake mushrooms
    - Fry up some garlic and ginger
    - Add shiitake juice to the garlic and ginger and heat it up
    - Cut up a skinless salmon fillet and add it and mushrooms to the broth
    - Cut up some bok choy and boil some soba and put both in a bowl
    - Pour the soup and salmon over the bokchoy and soba
    - Add miso to taste.
    - Chopped spring onion garnish for a fancy treat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey,that is a great idea! I may just do that.

    ReplyDelete