Wednesday, December 21, 2011

The Christmas list (AM)

  
So it's Christmas time! And look, that lamb up there is having the best time! Mary has that 'I am kind of high and out of it because I just gave birth' face. And those three wise men, they look like they are snickering at Joseph for being a cuckold.

Well that's Christmas for those guys. But for me, here are some things I like about this time of year.

1. The smell of Christmas trees! Probably mainly because of...

2. Positive childhood associations which mean I kind of have this nice feeling inside.

3. Some holidays. Man, time off work! I love that shiz!

3. Some sunshine. On a good day.

5. Mangoes.


Yeah, all those things aren't necessarily Christmas related but they all happen at this time so to me they are related.

But with the good comes the bad.

1. Love Actually is always on television. It's always frigging on. Well at least from next year that awful looking new film called New Year's Eve will no doubt be on instead.

2. It's so freaking busy. Trying to get all your work done before going on holidays, present buying, trying to see loved ones. It's hard. And over that nice feeling of positive childhood associations is a film of stress.

3. Deceptive weather. I think it's always going to be warm with lots of sunshine but some days it's cold! Freaking cold.I've worn full body pyjamas to bed at least twice in the last week alone.

4. All the shopping makes me feel a bit sick. I love it. I hate it. I love it. I hate it. I love it. I hate it.

5. ...


Hey, I think I only have four worst things about Christmas! I'm not so crabby after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment