Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Things I am not proud of - the Facebook edition (PM)

Ugh! Facebook is the worst. That is, yeah, Facebook really can make people seem annoying. People who seem really nice in real life suddenly annoy you on Facebook. I don't have any qualms about saying this because I am sure that people see my FB status updates sometimes and think "Ugh, keep it to yourself!" And I'm ok with that. I don't care if people hate on FB J.Having said that though, I guess I am not really proud that I get annoyed so easily. Gee, Facebook is really like holding up a mirror to society. Or yourself. Or some shit.

When I first read your post I was kind of inspired to rant about people announcing pregnancy on FB. And I am not proud of that immediate reaction.  You know I was pregnant once. You know how I told my friends? To their freaking faces!* As if every friend on FB gives a shit about such a thing! As if I'd even want to tell them all! Geez. But that's just me I guess. Anyway after thinking this I remembered how not long ago an FB friend posted a photo on their wall. It was a picture of their desk with a few things on it including a pros and cons list you could hardly read about whether to stay overseas or come home and an ultrasound picture. This was how he announced on Facebook that his lady was knocked up. And it was kind of cute I thought.


*Sure, some people I told on the phone, to their ears. A couple of overseas friends, I told by email, to their eyes. One friend I yelled it in his ear over a band at a gig. But this is just semantics really.

No comments:

Post a Comment