Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Not cool guys: seafood in the workplace (PM)


Man, there is a whole lot of delicious seafood out there. It's true. But someone else's seafood leftovers is not in that category I am pretty sure. Certainly the smell of it is not.

I once lived with a guy that used to grill fish or something (I actually have no idea what the fuck he would do it because I was never in the kitchen when he did that thing, I would just come home to the smell of it) and man, it smelled so bad and would stink the house out royally. I wouldn't even want to cook in there after that. Why fish gotta smell so bad during the cooking but taste so good. And why can't whoever is reheating their fish lunch in your office be a little more considerate. Eat it for dinner, guy, in the privacy of your own home!

Most of my work place lunch scent scenarios used to be upsetting for whole other reasons. Things like I could smell that someone was eating hot chips and I wanted to eat hot chips but could not bring myself to eat hot chips for lunch. On a weekday especially! Or I could smell someone heating there lunch at 11:45 and it would make the next 1.25 hours until I was going to take my lunch agony. Work place lunch heating and eating is really delicate. Think about your colleagues people!

No comments:

Post a Comment