Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Ask Someone Who Knows (PM)

I find what you guys had to say about smells very interesting. You  may not know this about me, but recently I have been regretting my life choice to not be a scientist and so this discussion of smells is doubly interesting to me. Science and smells are two of my favourite things right now!

I can understand this theory, sure, that somehow the stinky bacteria jump around more, carrying the bad smells from someone else's mouth to your hair (ewww). But there are so many unanswered questions. Like, what is it that makes the nice smellecules in flowers and other pretty smelling things, and why aren't they jumping around all over the place?

God, smellecules are really complex. You know when you are cooking something delicious and the smell is delicious but sometimes that smell gets in your hair and it kind of smells bad then. Like barbeque hair. Barbeque smells good, barbeque hair smells bad.Same goes for fried onions. I guess because the smells are gasified when cooking, not just sitting there like in a rose petal, they are more easily transmittable or something. Shit. Now I am regretting my life choices even more! I want to know the secret of smellecules!!!

You know what life decision I am not regretting though? Not being a cook! Today I learned that cooks are not only more likely to have fried onion smelling hair they are also more likely to get lung cancer! From those very fumes that are dispersing the smellecules!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment