Monday, November 21, 2011

Double the freshness (PM)

Hi everyone.
Check it out: I'm super busy at work and can't write a proper post in response to fresh nachos. Can you believe it? Given that writing/thinking about foods is my favourite thing, I feel pretty wronged. But all is not lost. Happily, J and I had an email conversation about fresh nachos just the other day and I am going to cut and paste it for you, just so you guys have something to read this PM. In fact, this particular email conversation actually covered a lot of the major themes of Miss Soft Crab (food, clothes, hunks), so I'm pretty sure you guys will feel right at home reading it.

Let me quickly say this first: our emails pick up just after I told J that I had had a nice day, mainly because I was wearing this new ensemble that I was quite pleased with which involved high heels. Also, the email exchange starts one evening, then rolls over to the following afternoon. I guess we got lazy and couldn't be bothered starting a new email chain. Ok, here goes:

J: Let me start by saying that kit sounds so great. Heels! I want to start wearing them but I don't know how.

My day was ok. Kind of annoying but I just ate a new little thing I like to call fresh nachos so I am really happy now!

K: What are fresh nachos mate?
I ate a little something that I like to call shakshuka for one. It looked really cute in its small saucepan and tasted delicious.
Lets go shopping for high heels when we see Breaking Dawn!
Bummer about your annoying day.

J: Shakshuka for one sounds great.
But I have to tell you mate 'fresh nachos' are some of the deliciousest things I've ever made! It goes like this: ....
(I have left this bit out, because J basically just says what she said in today's AM post.. so just read that again if you like)

K: Well mate, fresh nachos sound fantastic.

Check it out: I just ran in to Croquette in the Collins Place Food Court.
He was eating lunch. I tapped him on the shoulder and said hello. What followed was 2 minutes of chit chat, the awkwardness of which can only be rivalled by the time Rib-eye tried to hold my hand when I high-fived him on the way out of Atticus Finch the other night.
*shudder*
What a shame this didn't happen yesterday when I was wearing my cute outfit.

J: Rib-eye tried to hold your hand when you high-fived him? WTF? You will need to tell me more about your meeting with Rib-eye when you can.
Why was Croquette such a weirdo?
I've posted.

K: Oh mate, I really do need to fill you in on my meeting with Rib-eye. Though the high five/hand hold hybrid is the most entertaining part by far.
Christ knows why Croquette was such a weirdo.

Nice post. The seafood smell was back today. Can you believe it?

FIN.

No comments:

Post a Comment