Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Sound and Vision (PM)

Because my intensity is for shit, even though I only had a couple of beers on Saturday night, and even though I did not get drunk, and didn't have a hangover on Sunday I had that slight over-sensitivity that comes with a hangover. With a hangover it is usually more than slight. You know, like you really want cuddles, you love your boyfriend/girlfriend/dog even more than usual, cute things seem super cute, you cry when you watch that home improvement show where they are always renovating the homes of people with cancer. Anyway I didn't have that at all, I just knew I had a slight post-beer sensitivity when I drove past some posters for another gig Two Bright Lakes are putting on and I thought, "Wow, I'm so happy those dudes are doing so much great stuff, I love those guys!" And I guess that was helped along at least a little by what an great night was put on the night before and if only it hadn't rained non-stop the day before what a great success it would have had to have been.

You know what happened in the daylight hours. I just want to reinforce how great it was on that rooftop. I pretty much love being on a rooftop. Especially awesome ones!


I should confess that after we enjoyed our grande melts we decided to take a little breather from the rain and stand inside under the beautiful green leaves. It was a great place for friendly reunions and making jokes about cream without having to yell over the wind and rain and music. 


See how Russeth and  Mickey "Mikey Doubleword" Blue Eyes (aka Miguel) are so happy to see each other: 

But we couldn't stand inside for ever. Eventually we went outside and some of the best things happened! Bamboo Musik were playing some totally great danceable tracks so you could dance to take away those rainy blues; for about 90 seconds the rain stopped; and our eyes were filled with beautiful delights!
I don't usually go in for psychedelia, but I loved the projections

Bright colours on a monolith in the sky!? YES PLEASE!




Everything looked great, here is Biz and his projection box. It made the rain look really pretty.



 
 And they had pretty neon planes hung up. The whole thing was a bloody masterpiece. And then Oscar +Martin started and those guys make real nice music. And if you don't know it you should. The truth is that if it hadn't been raining I probably would have enjoyed their set even more. But as it stood I loved being in that lovely space with some favourite friends and listening to those great tunes. Also, there is something kind of great about saying "fuck you" to the elements and having a wonderful time in the rain anyway . (Not that I condone saying "fuck you" to the elements really, I mean, Earth is the boss. Fo sho.)


I told Biz, when I was leaving, 'I'm sorry its a wash out.' He kind of laughed in an offended way, but what I meant was "I feel sad for you that it's raining so much and there aren't as many people here as there should be." I sometimes say things wrongly. Whoops. I just meant , "Hey guy, this is great and what a drag that tickets sold out but so many people stayed home and can't see how great this is!"

No comments:

Post a Comment