Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Regrets (AM)

What the eff are these people wearing? Speaking of regrets.

Regrets, I’ve got a few. But then again, too few to mention.

Oh, all right. I'll mention one.

It's funny you know, there are things I could have, should have, done when I was younger that would have led to me being a more successful, stable, well-rounded person. And I can even identify some of those things, but on the whole I'm happy with my life so I don't dwell on those regrets. Not at all. The regrets I dwell on are the minor ones. The ones that would have actually not affected the greater story of my life at all.

Like the time I went to see Joss Whedon speak and I had questions, questions I had actually been wanting to ask him for years and for some reason, a reason unknown to me, I did not approach the microphones during the Q&A session.

Baby and I wait for Joss to hit the stage


It was a weird time. Baby was with me and I was in a giant room full of people. Beforehand, I had kind of been prepared to do it. It was 2010 and I had literally had the questions in my head for at least 5 years. Since I first watched Firefly. Of course, my heart belongs to Buffy and the questions I had were born from Buffy but they were solidified watching Firefly. I could see in Firefly so many setups and potential storylines and I knew that had it been allowed to live, Firefly would have done some wonderful things. Then it was canned after one season. Of course I wanted to know what would have happened in Firefly if it had continued, but I knew I'd never know. So then I just wanted to know if even Joss knew the future. Ever since, the question had been burning in my mind. "In Firefly," I wanted to ask Joss Whedon, "there are so many hints at people's pasts and future stories but it was axed after a season and so we never got to find out those things. When you write do you know what all those secrets are or do you just put things in there to set up possible future events you don't even know yet?"

It was totally, metaphorically burning in there!  I wanted to know the answer so bad and yet. And yet.




Somehow when I found myself in a room with Joss Whedon and a microphone just metres from where I stood I was paralysed. Regrets. Yep, it's one of them. A big one.

And then, the other day I got this email from Mondonna. She lives in LA now.

The email was to me, Chickpea, Russeth and Frandonna. The subject line was: Hey sis and cuzes


And the body read: Ummm... Joss Whedon's  kids are at our house for dinner.

WHAT THE FUCK!?!?!? I have this burning question to ask Joss Whedon and and Mondonna is dining with his kids. Sure, that is not the same as dining with Joss. And those kids are 10. But still, it somehow really stirred the flames of my regret.

Yeah, regrets. I've got a few. But when you look at them, they probably are too few to mention.


No comments:

Post a Comment