Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Good for you, winter (AM)

Winter is 12 days old and already its as cold as charity. 
We have to put up with this BS for at least three months, guys. Three months! It might as well be forever. 
Instead of crying about it, which I kind of want to do but suspect will make me feel colder, I am going to give winter the MSC positivity treatment. You remember how it goes. 


Winter, thanks for being so damned punctual. You are the only season that turns up exactly when you're supposed to, and as a person who likes to be on time, I appreciate that.  Because there is no image that goes well with punctuality, I am going to post this picture of some potato croquettes I ate one time. I expect these croquettes would be very nice to eat in winter. 




Winter, even though you are really cold, it must be said that you are quite pretty, and I like to look at pretty things. Yesterday, when I went out for breakfast with Crimpy and we sat outside because Alby was with us, it was very still and there was that soupy fog that people talk about and it was quite pleasing to the eye. Thanks for being pretty.

This is a Gerhard Richter painting that while not representative of what it looked like when I was having breakfast with Crimpy yesterday, looks very pretty and wintery.
                             

Alby resting after breakfast.
Winter, you are practically my favourite eating season. You are definitely in my top four. Winter eating is the greatest. Because all the stuff is delicious, and you have to eat it so you can manage the cold. Feeling a little cold, readers? Just eat something.  Things I like to eat during winter are:

  • porridge
  • goulash
  • spatzle
  • pies
  • buttered toast
  • assorted roast meats
  • lasagne
Garfield was so right


This is not a complete list. 

Finally, winter, I like the footy and you are the season for footy. Go dees! I don't even care about yesterday's loss, I love you, you little demons.




No comments:

Post a Comment