Monday, March 5, 2012

What happened this weekend? (PM)

Yes, but what happened to Steve from Blues Clues? Is he even dead, or is he just missing, like Andrew McCarthy?

I don't get Google sometimes. I find it hard to believe people want to know what happened to the guy from Blues Clues almost as much as they want to know what happened to Seal's face. Wanting to know what happened to Seal's face is a very natural thing. Wanting to know what happened to the guys from Blues Clues doesn't make any sense. What happened to Mickey Rourke's face? That's what I want to know. How come no one is asking that?

Speaking of Google suggestions, sometimes I begin typing Miss Soft Crab in a Google search and see how many letters I have to type before Google suggests MSC. Quite a few, it would appear.

If you type 'Miss', Google assumes you are interested in the Mission Impossible movies. WRONG, Google.

If you type 'Miss S', Google assumes you are interested in Miss Shop (ok, fine), Miss Selfridge, Miss Saigon or Miss Sippy Double Bay. I think we can all agree that Miss Sippy Double Bay is definitely intriguing.

You might assume that typing 'Miss So' would be all it takes, but the pageant community ruins it. AGAIN. Apparently Miss South Pacific 2011, Miss South Africa, Miss South Sudan Australia (come on Google, that's much more niche than MSC!) and Miss South Carolina are all more interesting than Miss Soft Crab. As if!

Even typing 'Miss Sof' doesn't take you straight to Miss Soft Crab. Google wants you to stop off at some place called Miss Sofi first.

You basically have to type Miss Soft. You're soft, Google!

Meanwhile, here is a picture of Joyanna, Miss South Pacific 2011:
We see you, Joyanna.
I checked out the finalists, and I think my favourite is Miss Papua New Guinea:


But I also like Miss Samoa:

Those judges had a difficult decision to make.

2 comments:

  1. SORRY! I guess I didn't solve the mystery of Steve for you after all. Nothing happened to Steve guys! NOTHING! He just quit. Then he shaved his head and tried to pursue a music career. MYSTERY SOLVED!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have the steve-from-blues-clues with the flaming lips record. it's still pretty good.

    ReplyDelete