Wednesday, March 28, 2012

The Rules of the Game (AM)

Remember last week, when my computer was broken? Remember how the wifi I normally use was also broken, and therefore I had to use the free wifi at the McDonalds over the road from my work to post on Miss Soft Crab? Well thankfully, that situation is now over and I now have pleasure in presenting the post that I would have posted last week, had technology not stood in my way.
It's all about the hit game Words With Friends. Lets begin!

So who here plays Words With Friends?
Me too!

I'm not very good at it, I seem to lose more than I win, but gee I like it.
For me, the joy of Words With Friends lies in being able to make awesome words.

Here are some awesome words I played one time.

I'm pretty sure I played Alpaca too. 
Sometimes, I like to go for an amusing word.


Sometimes, the universe is really on my side and gives me a set of letters that almost spell out the name of my favourite teen wolf.
That was such a great game

The pinnacle of WWF achievement, however,  is when I get to use all my letters on a single word. Like the time I played the word Crusades.


I love WWF. But you know what I don't like? When people makes fake words in a cheap attempt to grab the big scores. Words that they don't even know the meaning of, but have just tried their luck on. I did not realise this was a thing until recently. I was so naive. I mean, it would never even occur to me to do that. The only reason I play WWF is so I can make words! If I don't know the meaning of the word, then how can I have fun making it? I can't have fun making such a word. I just can't.  The fact that others can and indeed prefer to play WWF this way was a real rude awakening.

Check this shit out.



Jaggs? Jaggs?! The Macquarie Dictionary has no idea what this word means, because it is a fake word. That means that if you were a contestant on that show Letters and Numbers (which is a great show) and you tried that shit, Lily would not have a bar of it.

This particular opponent was a serial offender. Many games had been played, many fake words played within them. I just went along with it because it didn't interfere with my ability to form real words. But this goes too far. After my opponent played this word I immediately resigned the game. I can't have fun in these conditions.



No comments:

Post a Comment