Friday, March 2, 2012

Remember this awesome thing? (PM)

Parenthood! What a great film! (If memory serves me correctly.) It was great to think about that movie this morning. About back in the day when Keanu used to play that adorable doofus. Tom Hulce! I feel like that guy had so much potential that he never fully got to reach. Amadeus, I effing loved him in that!

But while I would happily sit and think about it all morning, I kept getting distracted by things you were saying, Mate. Like how Mary Steenburgen looks like Joan Rivers. Um, I think Mary is looking pretty good. She looks like this, you know:

Human.

And I don’t know if you know what J.Rivs looks like, but it is this:


Not exactly human


And you know how you said Joaqs look really sad now? Well, yeah, he does:



But do you  remember Parenthood at all. He just about broke my teenage heart in every scene. Like this one, where he is asking his dad if he can go live with him and then his Dad is all, “it’s not a good time, what with my hot new wife and family” and Joaqs is all, “ok” with his quavery breaking teenage voice…

 



Excuse me, I think I have something in my eye.


1 comment:

  1. Sure, Steenburgen looks good in that photo, but in the new series of 30 Rock she looks kind of plasticy. Like a Joan Rivers version of herself.
    But you're right about Joaqs. He has always looked sad. His dad in Parenthood was such an a-hole!

    ReplyDelete