Friday, March 9, 2012

The ghost of festival past (PM)

J, I love how you set up my posts sometimes.

You see, J knows that my all-time favourite festival moment was when we were at the BDO, casually watching Regurgitator (it was a long time ago), and out of nowhere, someone joined them onstage and pretty much blew us all away. That person was Peaches and the song they all played was Rock Show from The Teaches of Peaches and it was for serious like nothing we had ever seen before. Talk about treasured memories, guys. J knows this is my favourite moment and so because she is the helpful type,  set it up real nice so I could talk about it in this post.

But readers, even though that remains my favourite ever festival moment, there is one other all time great festival moment that I want to discuss, which I have been meaning to raise with J for ages but always forget to do so.

J, we haven't talked about this in years, but do you remember how a our first ever Meredith, even though Bonnie Prince Billy was playing, and even though You Am I were playing, TISM were pretty much the highlight? We had never seen them before, nor have we seen them since, but they totally ruled that night!
It looked like this.
It's hard to explain why they were so great. Or perhaps it's just hard to remember. That was an awfully long time ago. I just remember having zero expectations, but when they started dancing their little hearts out and playing their special beats we were totally riveted. They were like creepy wizards casting a spell on all of us. And I think they had giant balloons on stage. Does that ring a bell?
Anyway, they whipped us all in to a frenzy and the fact that it was so unexpected was one of the great things about it. It was really really great.

Sometimes I think about asking J if we can form a band like TISM, and I daydream about it for minutes at a time until I get distracted by something and  forget to mention it next time I see her.
What do you say, Mate?

No comments:

Post a Comment