Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Clothes+Season+Birthday=Best Personal Looks (AM)


I have a theory that a person loves the fashion of their birth season best. People may even love that season best. I am not sure yet. My study sample consists of me only, so the study definitely has limitations and future studies should consider using larger samples comprising of a variety of participants with birthdays across a spread of seasons.

You probably know that I love autumn best because I want to look like this:


But I think I want to look like that because it is the style that suits me best. Autumn style suits me best and I was born in autumn! Coincidence? I don’t think so. It was last autumn that I decided that it was time to dress every day to the fullest. And unconsciously the same thing happened this year about 2 weeks ago.  I started feeling like every day was a chance to wear a great outfit! No, I mean a really great outfit. Like I should always leave the house really happy with how I look. I love autumn!

I do also love spring. It is kind of like autumn in reverse, both have the mild weather for which you can dress according to style rather than need, both seasons have beautiful light, both seasons are a bit exciting. Transitions, right? So exciting.

So when the weather started turning I started getting a little excited. I love summer, I do, but usually by the time autumn comes around I am kind of ready for it. If only the long days could stick around. But I always forget that autumn lasts about 5 minutes before winter starts sticking its nose in like nobody’s business. I would have forgotten it this year too probably but when I read this post I wrote in May last year I was reminded all too well that my favourite autumn outfits are soon pushed out by the need for a more pragmatic approach to dressing. Or things I was excited about initially like new jumpers or chunky socks soon become hated after months of wearing nothing else. Shit, way to make me feel totally conflicted autumn.

1 comment:

  1. Hey want to go shopping some time? Shirts and jumpers? Maybe have a second hand only rule? I agree with your theory on birth months/autumn but the problem is that I don't have anything I actually like. I need space solutions or to get rid of some stuff or something. Hey, I'm going to email you. Bye.

    ReplyDelete