Wednesday, February 8, 2012

The sea air (PM)

I don't know about the rest of you guys, but today's AM post made me:
  • wish I was at the beach
  • wonder why they renamed fairy penguins
  • wonder whether they will also rename fairy bread
  • pleased for J that she found a creature that seems to be a hybrid between her favourite vegetable (the eggplant) and her favourite bird (the flamingo)
  • wonder whether we can make the name the Flameggplant Goose take off.
It also reminded me of an article I read about Little Penguins. During the dredging of Port Phillip Bay, they wanted to make sure that they didn't deplete the major food source of Little Penguins - anchovies - and thereby reduce the health of the penguin colony. You know what they did? They installed a bunch of weigh bridges (which are basically like little scales) on the pathway that the penguins walk to get to their nests and as the penguins crossed the path, they weighed those adorable little guys and made sure they were A-OK.
CUTE!

Finally, it made me think of this little penguin figurine KJ gave me for my birthday one year.

Thanks KJ

Also cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment