Monday, February 6, 2012

I just don't know what to do with myself (AM)

So, now that it is February and the festive season is over, this weekend was the first one in ages where I had nothing really to do. Frankly I couldn't even remember what to do with free days.

Saturday was kind of a bust. We went to the market and bought a few things and then came home and cleaned. It was fine. You know. And now the house is pretty clean and my washing basket is pretty much empty, so that's good. And K came over on Saturday night we ate a delicious meal which I wish I photographed for you guys. Oh well .

Anyway, this quiet Saturday meant that on Sunday we really had to do something.  But seriously, what do you do on the weekend?

We didn't know, so we got in the car and drove around aimlessly for a while. It was kind of nice, you know, we took the scenic route. Eventually we parked and then we walked around aimlessly for a while. But that couldn't last for ever.

The day actually worked out pretty well. One thing I did was buy this awesome book called Otto the Book Bear. This book is so friggin' cute.




It's about a bear called Otto and he is a bear in a book, but he can get out of the book and he likes to do that and explore the house he lives in. But one day he gets stuck outside his book and he has to fend for himself. It's kind of like The Purple Rose of Cairo but with a book and bear instead of Jeff Daniels and a movie.

I freaking love this book! Otto is so cute. He's just this little bear. A really little bear.



See.

Then, we went to see The Muppets. Now I don't know if there is something going on with my hormones but I found this movie kind of adorable too. Kermit, I really felt these feelings for him I'd never felt before.

Not like that! Geez guys! Get your mind out of the gutter (that's what the John Krasinski cameo was for). I just found Kermit really adorable. The whole thing was pretty cute. Plus there were some songs by Brett McKenzie. And, you know, muppets! And did I mention the Krasinski cameo?

Ok. So it was a pretty good day. But, um, what the eff am I going to do next Sunday?

No comments:

Post a Comment