Friday, February 24, 2012

The Love (totally rogue PM!!!!)

Oh Mate, you sure do seem to be overwhelmed with hate. You poor thing.
And you've got some good reasons.
The ALP really have fucked it. (Stop eating your young, you douche-bs.)
And washing up gloves really should come in packs of three (what an awesome idea!).
And all the other things too.

But I just can't get on board the hate right now, on account of the good things that have happened this week.  I guess I just feel like I'm on a pretty big love vibe and I just gotta ride this baby out. So I'm going to break with tradition and instead of writing a PM post about hate, I am going to flip that shit on it's head, and write it a PM post all about love. That's right readers, love. You know it!
And I am going to start right here in my own back yard. I am going to turn my love guns (what?) on YOU mate. 

I think it's about time the readers heard about some of the awesome/hilarious/super nice things you have done. Not in our whole lives, mind you, just the past few weeks. When it comes to you Mate, that's about as far back as you have to reach to find the gold.

Gold, such as how you got me a motherflipping hardcover book of all our haiku for my birthday!
I read it every night!

And you also got me a t-shirt with the letter K on it, and made me a berry rose pavlova. There were no meringue fails that day mate, no sirree.


There was also that time I emailed you this picture of a girl that Pickle thinks looks like me, and you replied with "Far out! When I squint that girl looks exactly like the bitch version of you! With a wig", which I thought was a very sweet thing to say, as it implies I do not look like a bitch. In fact, you say sweet and supportive things all the time. Like the other day when I told you I had fallen in love with some dude on the tram. I said:

"In other news, I think I fell in love with someone on the tram. He looked so solid and reliable, and he had a good head of hair and was dressed sensibly. He was wearing moleskins and a shirt and a green jumper. I love jumpers. He looked like he was about 36 and his name might have been Brian, and he probably had a dog at home. He was wearing a wedding ring, so I guess he's has a wife at home too. Plus, he was a total stranger that I saw on the tram."

Even though there are many things that are problematic about this statement, because you are a kind and supportive friend, you said:

"Mate, I can't believe Brian is married! I love jumpers too. LB has nice jumpers. He looks so handsome when he wears them."

Fuck that's nice.

Also, your tweets are really hilarious. Par example:

3 Feb 2012,  9:06 am - Lady in cafe, the person you are talking to is sitting right next to you! Probs don't need to yell

1 Feb 2012, 3:11pm  - A mouse just ran across the room and I screamed
 

1 Feb 2012, 3:17pm - Also


(Readers, do you guys follow us on Twitter? You should, J's tweets are hysterical)

I really could go on and on. But I don't want to embarrass you or anything mate. So let me say this: some stuff is really shit and hate-worthy, but not you, Matey. You are really great.
#hugs

No comments:

Post a Comment