Thursday, September 4, 2014

No scrubs update (AM)

"I don't want no scrubs", so TLC said in 1999.
 And so I said almost three months ago when I decided to stop shampooing my hair.
I wrote about it here, when I was a few weeks into the experiment.
Now it's not so much an experiment as a way of life, and my hair looks like this.

I note that it's kind of hard to see what my hair looks like there. So here is another angle, with about a 5 degrees difference to the tilt of the head.

The long and short of it is that I love it. Even though I still have days when my hair looks pretty crap, most of the time it looks what I have come to characterise as 'decent'. At it's best, it looks 'quite good', but I haven't been able to capture that on camera. The thing that's great about it is that it's pretty predictable. That is absolutely not the case with shapooed hair. Or at least, my shampooed hair.  The thing I don't love is that it doesn't have that freshly shampooed smell ever, and that's a pretty nice smell, something that I miss. Also, sometimes the layer underneath the top layer looks a bit greasy. You can't see it, so it's not a big issue, but I'm wondering what to do about that.
Mate, any ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment