Tuesday, April 19, 2011

It doesn't have to be this hard

First let me say that I guess the girl in that picture with the fuzzy boots looks good, but I'm pretty sure it's not the fuzzy boots doing it. I guess what I'm trying to say is that everything would look better if there were no boots with the fur. The difference between the girl in the Sartorialist's picture and the girl we saw on Swan Street on Sunday afternoon is that every other bit of the Sartorialist girl's outfit work. But the girl on Sunday was dressing to a concept without really having all the right bits to do it. The chunky scarf was great, the dusky pink jumper was great, but those jeans, they were not good. I hate to sound like a snobby bitch (just jokes, I love to sound like a snobby bitch), but they were just some nasty cheap skinny jeans that weren't doing any body anyone any favours.Not her outfit, not our eyeballs. So I guess this should be part of the Criteria, don't buy a cheap version of a good look unless it is a really, really good imitation that looks awesome.

But first and foremost the number 1 question to be asked when trying on a potential purchase is "do I look awesome in this?" With a subset of questions being,"Is this a super colour on me? A super cut on me? Does it hang in a totally flattering bithin' way?" And if you don't answer yes to all of these things, well forget you potential purchase.

Perhaps another question is "will this contribute in a totally awesome way to my wardrobe? What will I wear it with?" And of course you need to answer yes to the first part of that question and then a bunch of things to the second part, but I think you know what I'm saying.

Also, "is this a fantasy piece?" Maybe it's the kind of thing you want because it looks really awesome but may not actually be able to wear it.


Well I think if the answer to the first question is yes, this looks awesome, then it's time to leave fantasy in the past and just bust that shit out. Wear that awesome thing. Wear it.

I feel delirious. Perhaps these are not criteria at all. Perhaps they are lame.

In other news today I saw a man with a giant ape toy.



No comments:

Post a Comment