Thursday, June 4, 2015

Vegemite chocolate: the Miss Soft Crab review (PM)



I love a good salt and sugar combo too. And I love trying delicious new things. But I also have a pretty strong gag reflex and a fairly cerebral approach to life, both of which would save me from buying that Vegemite chocolate. Also I'm a total chocolate snob and never buy Cadbury chocolate,  I may have walked by this stuff a hundred times in the supermarket for all I know and just ignored it.

I think perhaps the mistake K is making is thinking that just because a thing was invented and then put on supermarket shelves, it's a good idea. But the strength of flavour of Vegemite has no place with chocolate, I say, and I wouldn't be surprised if the same is true of Guinness.

I'll admit I'm curious about and repulsed by the fact this chocolate has a liquid centre. Is there Vegemite in the middle of each chocolate piece, or just some kind of Vegemite ganache? On top of the mistake of the existence of this product, it seems like a liquid centre is really opting to make it as unpalatable as possible. WTF is happening in Cadbury development? It doesn't matter, I'm not going to eat it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment