Thursday, June 8, 2017

Kudos to those guys revisited

I'm always accidentally saying things that are probably making people feel bad about themselves, but let's just hope they think I'm a dipshit rather than feel bad about themselves. I'd be cool with that. I can't think of any examples of this because last night as I lay down with Newbie I prewrote a  blog post in my head based on the premise that K didn't write a blog post and then she went and spoiled it all by posting! And we all know that my brain isn't capable of thinking that much in a 24-hour period.

I was going to write about how I thought things were rough for me on Tuesday, but single mum life must have been really getting K down because she couldn't post. But then she did. Still, it didn't sound easy.

It's funny about being a temporary single parent. For a few days it's kind of great. You can do everything you want the way you want to do it. You can feed your children and yourself foodstuffs that your partner may consider "not a real dinner" like soup. Or chopped up vegetables and a boiled egg. You don't have to wait for him to get home either. When I'm single parenting the kids are always in bed way earlier than when LB is at home. And then I get to choose whatever I want to watch on Netflix without having to consider anyone else. It's great. And then, theoretically, I'd get the bed to myself. Except the children always think that LB's excuse means there is no reason for them not to sleep in my bed. Sigh.

However, after two or three nights of this it really does become bullshit. Like there is no one to go to the shop to buy beer and you have to brush the kids' teeth every night. And you have to clean the kitchen after dinner. Ugh. Word up to all the single parents out there because doing all the jobs all the time is bullshit. Lucky for K Appleheart comes home today. She must be pumped. I hope he brings her a bottle of whiskey from duty free.




No comments:

Post a Comment