Monday, October 13, 2014

Calling bullshit (PM)

I've never really understood pasta salad, which has always struck me, as you say Mate, as just a big bowl of cold pasta. I've never chosen it from a BBQ table because if I'm going to eat cold pasta I'll eat leftovers straight out of the fridge while no one is watching, thank you very much. However, I used to work just doors down from one of those very cafés K described, the kind that exists purely to service nearby workers. Office workers, tradies. The kind of place that has sweet treats wrapped in glad wrap. Sometimes I'd get a sandwich there. Sometimes I'd get a mix of salads. Mainly tabouli and Greek but I'd let them chuck in a bit of pasta salad too because I like to have carbs in my meals and it had a nice tangy dressing and when the whole thing was slathered in Tabasco it was pretty delicious. Having said that though I don't for a minute think that pasta salad is anything other than a bowl of cold pasta. Then again I don't really give a shit. I'm not precious about salad and I'm not precious about carbs. Hell no I'm not.

Moreover that poor woman in your meeting, Matey, would probably have preferred to be eating her cold pasta out of the fridge with no one watching too but some jerk scheduled a lunchtime meeting, let her keep a little dignity and call her lunch a salad. 

I guess my feeling is call it anything you want just don't call me late for dinner, as my dad used to say. 

No comments:

Post a Comment