Monday, September 26, 2011

Groom Quest/ Groom Fest 2011

Remember a few weeks ago when I said that I had other things on my mind than grooming, like Libya and global economics and some other things I just said so y'all wouldn't think I was totally superficial? Well that was pretty much a lie. And, um, I think maybe we should talk about grooming all week!

But you'll be happy to know that I think I am making some progress. I have identified what I think are the 3 keys to my grooming downfall. And, as we all know, admitting you have a problem is the first step to recovery.

1. Firstly, what the eff am I meant to do with this friggin hair?! (Seriously, if you know the answer to that PLEASE leave a comment.)


My hair problem is this, it is kind of curly but needs some help to go full curly and look good. Also I can make it straighter, kind of nice wavy. But this also needs help. I kind of like both of these looks but on some days my hair wants to go one way and other days the other, or one look seems easier to cultivate but it means I am always only half committed to a look and wondering if I should be going the other way. This in turn means I only half commit to the actual grooming because I may be doing one thing while secretly wanting the other. This in turn makes me look shit.

Without a doubt my hair is the biggest hurdle I have to overcome on Groom Quest 2011 and I am nowhere, nowhere near overcoming this.

2. My face. My face is fine, my skin is ok. But you know how when you see really well groomed people their complexion is always clear and lovely and their skin tone is even? That's what I want! I want it so bad. But I have always been scared of lots of make up. But not any more people. This I have finally found the answer too. More on that later this week.

3. The final major issue standing between me and grooming is my previous lack of desire to spend lots of time and money on this thing. Well you know what? I am so obsessed right now these things are no longer objects. I just do that shit, yo. Throw money at it. Spend time on it! YEAH! First I bought all this expensive skin care. And you know what, my skin is really nice these days. Then, the other day I spent heaps of dough on new bras because I thought that new bras would make all my clothes sit better! Does it work? I don't know. Don't even care. I feel like it does. YEAH JUST THROW MONEY AT THIS SHIT AND YOU'LL FEEL A MILLION BUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Look, I don't really think you have to throw heaps of money at grooming but I guess I am just really saying you have to commit to it and do whatever it is you feel you have to do to make it happen. That's all.)

I LOVE TO GROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!!

2 comments:

  1. J, I understand your hair issues, We have the same hair-the very same! Get a cloud nine. Yea, you just have to do it.

    ReplyDelete