Tuesday, September 20, 2011

101 Cookbooks

Do you read 101 Cookbooks?

I had a look at it years ago and it didn't really hook me. The recipes looked nice but not mind-bending. And it was just so fucking wholesome. Not just the food but the site, the writer. Heidi, who writes the blog is the sort of person who takes little gifts or baskets of cookies everywhere she goes. She takes photos of flowers and her partner runs marathons. And the food is wholesome. Though I don't have a problem with that at all.

Anyway that first time I just had a look and left never to return... for a while. But then it just got to a point where every other goddamn food blog was going on about it. "Oooooh 101 cookbooks is amaaaaaaazing." "Heidi is such a daaaaaaarling." Blah blah blah. So I went and had another look. Truth is I felt the same way. The recipes still looked nice but not the kind of things I had to rush out and make. And Heidi was still as fucking wholesome. But I just decided I would give it some more time.

I made a few biscuits from the site. And I do kind of love them. Truth is after a bunch of reading of 101CB I was inspired to buy a bunch of cookie cutters. Yeah, I kind of hate myself for it.

Anyway this was all well and good and then a couple of weeks ago I went on and saw this Magic Sauce recipe. This is what the head picture was:


YUM! FRIGGIN YUM! Red oil! God I love red food. It promises tang and sweet, salty, hot deliciousness. Red is my favourite colour of food. Fo shiz!

It was the first time I felt I just had to make something from this site immediately. And I made it and it was yum. SO FRIGGIN YUM! It's basically garlic, sweet paprika, chilli, fresh oregano, rosemary and thyme in olive oil. YUM! Do yourselves a favour people. Make this magic sauce! (FYI I ate it on udon with some spinach and corn. Such a good one!)

No comments:

Post a Comment